Thursday, July 10, 2014

Undergrad class FAQ

Every semester, I get some questions from my undergrads, and in the interest of efficiency, I thought I'd post the answers here as an FAQ.  Feel free to modify for your own use as you see fit.

Q: When is the midterm?
A: Feb. 14th.

Q: I have a [job interview/wedding/film festival (seriously, I got this)] during the quiz, but I'll have some time Wednesday at 2pm. Can I make it up then?
A: No.

Q: Is this going to be on the exam?
A: Most of the material I cover in class and assign homework on will be fair game for the exam, with emphasis on homework problems. I will probably not ask you to produce derivations.

Q: Is this class graded on a curve?
A: Yes, I will take into account the class average and overall performance when assigning grades.

Q: What is my grade?
A: It's hard to say, given that I don't yet have the complete picture of the class performance.

Q: Is this going to be on the exam?
A: Material from class is fair game for the exam except when explicitly noted.

Q: Is this class graded on a curve?
A: Yes, I will grade on a curve.

Q: What is my grade?
A: I don't know yet.

Q: Is this going to be on the exam?
A: Yes.

Q: Is this class graded on a curve?
A: Yes.

Q: What is my grade?
A: B.

Q: Is this going to be on the exam?
A: Yes.

Q: Is this class graded on a curve?
A: Yes.

Q: What is my grade?
A: B.

Q: Is this going to be on the exam?
A: Yes.

Q: Is this class graded on a curve?
A: Yes.

Q: What is my grade?
A: C.

No comments:

Post a Comment